Better Not Bitter

Wednesday May 21 2014 12:23 pm | Comments (10) Tags: , , ,

Hello Friend!

I’ve been away from my blog on a spiritual retreat and getting help for the depression and anxiety I’ve felt on and off for many years.

It was time for me to face it, rather than deny it.

This is my last week at The Center – A Place of HOPE, where I have received wonderful care from my therapists, doctors, nutritionists and a host of new friends.

A Place of HOPE

The  best care has been given me by the One and Only who is acquainted with my sorrow – Jesus.

I have so much to tell you.

I hope you’ll come back to my blog in the coming days and weeks where I’ll share some of the amazing revelations I’ve had these past six weeks.

I have turned my trials to triumphs.

I have removed bitter roots and I see sprouts of new growth and a better life.

I have examined every area of my life, like peeling an onion layer by layer.

My faith has been tested and has produced the quality of endurance.

I have asked God for help and received answers to long ago prayers.

Suffering and pain got my attention. It got me to listen to God in a way nothing else could.

I have learned that adversity is the greatest teacher.

When I am weak, Christ is made strong.

My faith has been tested. It is precious to God. It is more precious than gold.

I am more dependent upon the Lord as I have learned to face and embrace adversity.

I am allowing the Holy Spirit to develop Christ’s character in me.

I have learned things by the way of suffering.

This testing of my faith has produced endurance. This endurance has produced perseverance.

I have been pruned.

I have been purified.

I have become better instead of bitter.

Better Not Bitter

God’s grace has been my Divine Anesthetic.

I see the promises and blessings He has had for me all along. But the bitterness in my heart clouded my vision.

I can see clearly now, my pride is gone.

My hope and prayer for you, my friend. Is that you will be able to endure your painful trials and process them to effect real change.

May the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Bless you with hope. If you don’t have any today, let me loan you some of mine. It is abundant in my heart this day.

Gigi

10 Comments »

1. Comment by Marjie — May 21, 2014 @ 2:00 pm

I love you Gigi! So great to hear these words of life! I have prayed for you & now I rejoice in my answered prayer. Glory to God!

2. Comment by Heidi — May 21, 2014 @ 2:12 pm

I am so happy for you Gigi!

3. Comment by Judy Bodmer — May 21, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

Welcome home. Sounds like you’ve done a lifetime of work in a few weeks. New beginnings are a time for celebration. May God use what you’ve learned to help others.

4. Comment by Robyn — May 22, 2014 @ 8:02 am

Exciting! New trophies for our Master’s mantelpiece! Love to you, Gigi!

5. Comment by Charmaine Everett — May 22, 2014 @ 5:42 pm

Love you Gigi!👍

6. Comment by gigi — May 25, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

Thank you Charmaine. I appreciate your love and care for me all my life. You are a blessing.

7. Comment by gigi — May 25, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Robyn. Thanks for the note on my blog. God is good. I learned so much about me and my God. He is able when I don’t think I am. It was truly a beautiful experience. I am grateful. Bless you.

8. Comment by gigi — May 25, 2014 @ 2:16 pm

Judy, thank you so much for all your support and prayers. It has truly been an incredible blessed time. You are a treasure to me. God bless you.

9. Comment by gigi — May 25, 2014 @ 2:18 pm

Thanks Heidi. I am excited to share all I have learned in the six weeks I spent at The Center. Truly miracle making work. Wish I could see you. Hopefully soon at Joe’s wedding? Love you.

10. Comment by gigi — May 25, 2014 @ 2:19 pm

Hi Marjie. Thanks for the reply to my blog post. Bless you. I am so thankful for my Jesus and the work he has done. Thank you for sending me the cards reminding us all that our story matters to God. I have so many stories to tell. God is good. Bless you.

RSS feed. TrackBack URI