October Blog Month

Tuesday October 1 2013 12:00 pm | Comments (10) Tags: , ,
I promise not to put you to sleep!

I promise not to put you to sleep!

I’ve been challenged to write a blog every day during the month of October.

It’s called NaBloPoMo

No that isn’t a trecky new language – but it stands for National Blog Posting Month

It is similar to NaNoWriMo which stands for National Novel Writing Month. That happens every November in the novel writing world. Some day I will participate in NaNoWriMo so I can get this novel out of my head and onto the page.

There are all sorts of groups and sites and prompts to keep us writers writing.

NaBloPoMo gets the blogger’s fingers dancing on the keyboard. It’s especially good for someone like me who gets too busy to blog. The challenge to meet the goal will keep me going.

Check it out!  http://www.wikiwrimo.org/wiki/List_of_timed_artistic_challenges

During my own personal NaBloPoMo journey, I may not post every blog entry here at GigiMurfitt.com because I also maintain a blog for Gabriel’s Foundation of HOPE at www.GabesHOPE.org

So check out both to get the latest about what’s going on in my world.

I’m excited (and a little nervous) to be more active on my blog.

I hope you’ll meet me here for a chat or to be inspired as I write from the heart.

I’m thinking it may be as simple as posting a question to start a conversation.

It’s a new season.

It’s a new day.

So here is the question for October 1, 2013

What is your favorite thing about the fall season?

Please post your comment below.

Let me know if there are topics you’d like to see on my blog.

Here we go!

God Bless your heart

Gigi

PS – Come back here tomorrow for my answer to the question!!

10 Comments »

1. Comment by Betty — October 2, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

My favorite thing about fall would have to be atmosphere that surrounds it. I love the energy that goes with pumpkins, bobbing for apples, hayrides, costumes and cooler temperatures. What about you? By the way I’m also blogging in NaBloWriMo. 🙂

2. Comment by gigi — October 2, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

Hi Betty. Thanks for the comment. Yes I too love all that surrounds the fall. I personally like the idea of cooler nights, warm fires and drinking a hot chai tea with cinnamon. The colors of the leaves are beautiful. Here in the Pacific Northwest, it also means rainy season, but that only makes for our lush landscape. I will check out your blog. Thanks for the comment.

3. Comment by Sarah Gunning Moser — October 2, 2013 @ 3:38 pm

Gigi-

I’ll share a memory of fall from my high school years, as it is the first thing that came to mind reading your question.

The year was 1970, and I was on the Newport High School Debate Team at a tournament at the University of Washington. A group of us were walking back from debate events on campus. It was about this time of year, late enough in the fall for the gardeners at UW to have spent a great deal of time raking leaves into huge piles. And on the UW campus, fall leaves in October are legion.

This was before the phrase “get in touch with your inner child” was coined. But that day I got in touch with my inner child. Oh, my, yes. I took one look at an enormous pile of leaves, excused myself from my fellow debaters, turned around, braced my feet on the brick walkway, and took off running…straight for that pile of leaves, which must have been six feet high or more. I launched myself right into the middle of the lovely pile of crunchy leaves, landed happily on my back, and laughed as the leaves continued to settle beneath me. I sank lower…and lower…and lower.

And discovered that the pile of leaves was wet. And cold. And in a few places, gooey.

By that time, the rest of the debaters had also turned around, and were watching my shenanigans in disbelief. They were also laughing and pointing at me as I sank further into the pile of leaves.

It may not have been one of my finer moments, but heck, it was fun.

Editorial comment: If I tried something like that today, I’d probably wind up in the hospital with multiple broken bones and torn ligaments, so I’ll just continue to do my fall leaf jumping mentally from now on!

Blessings,
    Sarah Gunning Moser

4. Comment by Alesia — October 2, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

It is always a good thing to write everyday!

5. Comment by John — October 2, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

The cooler weather is greatly welcomed with the Fall season and gets me excited about being more outdoors, but my favorite thing about the season is the tremendous pallet of colors on display in the hills of the Ozark Mountains.

6. Comment by gigi — October 2, 2013 @ 4:46 pm

Sarah! I love that story. Thanks for sharing it. I too have fond memories of leaves piled high at the University of Montana. Nothing better. Let’s not tear any ligaments though. Blessings.

7. Comment by gigi — October 2, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

Alesia. I hope you are doing well. Your blog inspires me. 🙂

8. Comment by gigi — October 2, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

Fall is the canvas of God’s masterpiece isn’t it John? I hope you and your family are doing well. We pray for you often. Blessings!

9. Comment by Steve Murfitt — October 2, 2013 @ 8:55 pm

Hi Hon, My favorite thing of the fall is the football season starting. I love watching the college the most, the NFL too! I love watching the games w/ Zane & Gabe! I also love going for walks w/ you & spending time w/ you walking on the slew. I am so excited for you as you blog more & get people involved w/ your blogging.

Isn’t my wife amazing!! I love her so much & am so amazed @ her gifting to minister to women & people in general. She is such a blessing to me & I am so thankful for her. Gig you are the best, I love you w/ an everlasting love. Thank you for making me a better person & for loving me the way you do!

I am excited for this next season to watch how the Lord is going to use you & what He is going to do w/ your writing. Excited to see you on the New York Times best selling list!! Yah, come on Gig, you are going to do it!! I love you! Steven

10. Comment by gigi — October 2, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

Steven. Yes, our home is full of college and NFL football games and it definitely makes it part of our fall season. Go GRIZ! Go SEAHAWKS! The walks on the trail are special aren’t they? NY Times Best Seller List? I’ll take that. Thank you for being a champion for my writing life. I love and appreciate your support. We have lots to write about as we learn and grow through life with its challenges and changes and chances. Let’s take every chance we get to do what God has called us to. Love you. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

RSS feed. TrackBack URI