So Long Summer, Hello Change

Wednesday September 19 2012 11:11 pm | Comments (4) Tags: , ,

Blessings to you, my friend. I’ve missed you.

It’s been awhile since we’ve connected on my blog.

I hope you are enjoying every last moment of summer.

According to the Farmer’s Almanac, on Saturday morning (September 22, 2012) at 7:49 a.m. (PST) summer will officially be over. (Autumnal Equinox)

But here in Seattle, we are hanging on a bit longer. It has been an EPIC summer of sunshine!

I won’t complain. I love it! But I’m also looking forward to the changes ahead.

Fall is all about change.

Warm summer nights move into to cool snuggly evenings.

The green trees become shades of red, yellow and orange.

Autumnal Equinox
photo credit Kidzworld.com

All creatures prepare for the next season.

I’m preparing for the biggest change in my life.

I am going to be a GRANDMA! I can’t wait to meet my granddaughter next month.

Hello Change.

Over the next several weeks I’ll be sharing stories from my summer where God met me on the shores of a lake in Eastern Washington and changed my heart.

I have so much to tell you so please come back and share your stories too.

Tell me how God spoke to you this summer by leaving a comment below.

God bless your changing heart.

Gigi

4 Comments »

1. Comment by Lynn Severance — September 20, 2012 @ 12:44 am

Gigi – what wonderful changes in your life!

I am not sure my summer held changes but it did hold some time for deep reflections.

I returned to a spot on the Oregon coast where I had traveled 20 years ago to reflect after an early retirement from my teaching career. It was such a life changing event that came fast and was unexpected. “What’s next” was uppermost in my thoughts 20 years ago.

Now, 20 years later, I returned to the same place, took all my journal entries from 20 years ago – entries during that time frame 20 years ago. I had thought it would be just the Lord and I retreating and reflecting. But I felt directed to share on my blog and it turned into a 4 part posting, “Retirement Reflections After 20 Years”.

It was a time for praises and thanks – for sharing of the journey through some deep challenges to better days and hopes for the years yet to come.It was a time for gratefulness as I saw more clearly God’s working through these years. I’d say for me – in response to your question – I had time this summer to key in on changes over the past 20 years which included 20 summers!

There you go! I knew I could fit this comment in context some way!

2. Comment by gigi — September 20, 2012 @ 6:33 am

Lynn. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like God met you right where you needed Him. I will definitely check out your blog. I love that you were a teacher. My mom taught English for 26 years. Thank you for giving your life to the education of students who are probably out there changing the world. Bless your heart.

3. Comment by Roie — September 24, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

Hi Gigi, Being able to spend time with all of you this summer was so special. You will be such a wonderful Grandma! Our best to Gabe on his trip to Montana. Love to all, Roie

4. Comment by gigi — September 24, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Roie – you are so awesome! Thanks for your hospitality this summer. Gabe is in Montana now until the end of October. He will be speaking to several schools all throughout the southwest part of the state after he hits some Billings schools. He will have a book signing at Barnes and Noble in Billings on October 12th at 7 pm. Should be fun. I’ll be home to help him with some of his speaking engagements. I hope to be in Anaconda for the October 17th talk at the Washoe Theater. It all depends on when Zane and Kelsey’s baby arrives. It should be really great! I’ll be sure to look you up. Love to you and Joe. Gigi

RSS feed. TrackBack URI